Organizations are accumulating, transforming, and integrating data at a staggering pace, increasing the focus on Big Data initiatives. Simply defined, Big Data refers to data sets that cannot be managed economically with traditional database management tools and technologies. As a result, a new generation of technologies and architectures has emerged to address the three key Big Data characteristics - volume, variety, and velocity. Prior to implementing any of these new solutions, organizations must understand the various aspects of Big Data, plotting a strategy that focuses in the areas that will bring the most benefit to their organization. Areas to explore include:
- Big Data Analytics - Big Data Analytics deals with unstructured and semi-structured content, providing the ability to mash-up this content with traditional structured sources to derive new insights from the data. A new breed of extreme analytics focuses on data discovery, data visualization, predictive analytics, data mining, and in-memory analytics, to name a few.
- Data Organization and Management - The process of acquiring or ingesting data must be able to accommodate the increasing data velocity and volume. The proliferation of content types and data sources drives an even stronger need for effective data governance.
- Storage and Infrastructure - There are now many more cost efficient options, including Hadoop and NoSQL databases, to evaluate when determining the best way to store data to enable advanced analytic processing on these very large datasets.
Since 1996 Guident has been advising, planning, and implementing data management and analytic solutions for Fortune 500 and government customers. During this time, the data that organizations generate and capture has continued to grow and become more diverse. As technologies have evolved to handle these new datasets, Guident has continued to be a leader in helping organizations turn their data into useable, actionable information. Leveraging our strengths and experience in Business Intelligence, Data Management, Enterprise Content Management, and Analytics, Guident helps organizations tackle today's most pressing issues around Big Data through our Big Data service offerings:
- Big Data Strategy - Whether it is a 3 day, 3 week, or 3 month engagement, Guident will build a custom plan for evaluating and addressing the critical aspects of Big Data for your organization. These engagements follow our proven data strategy and roadmap methodology. Whether you are a federal government agency that is mandated to develop a Big Data Strategy or a commercial organization that just wants to gain new insights from your data, Guident will help survey and evaluate the dizzying number of options in the Big Data space and develop a roadmap to help your organization better leverage its data.
- Rapid Deployment - With so many software vendors vying to be leaders in the Big Data market, organizations adopting these new tools and technologies must be agile in their approach. Whether you need to stand-up a distribution of Hadoop or one of the many NoSQL databases on the market, or would simply like to evaluate a new data discovery tool, such as Endeca, Guident offers a short duration, fixed cost deployment to get your organization using Big Data fast.
- Full Lifecycle Big Data Implementation - While data continues to grow and become more diverse, the approach to analyze, design, build, and deploy solutions that manage it remains relatively unchanged. Guident's Business Intelligence (BI) Guide methodology contains the processes and templates necessary to guide your organization through the implementation of Big Data solutions. Guident will develop and execute a customized plan for implementation based on your Big Data Strategy under either fixed price or time and materials arrangements.